Monday, July 21, 2014

Beaded Jewelry by Lisa Pierce

Years ago we had some fun with Lisa Pierce's unusual fishing lure and bead necklaces. This successful businesswoman has also achieved much success with her intricately-beaded jewelry. We'll have several of her beautiful pieces at 20@20.
“My ideas come from stray comments friends make, from my life experiences, from pointed suggestions, and from items I personally enjoy creating. After the inspiration, comes the execution. Bead embroidery looks precise, but does not lend itself to exacting graphic images like wildlife illustration or botanical illustration. My designs come closer to a Pointillism painting suggesting the design. For energy in the design outline, I stitch in the direction of the flow of the design. If the design depicts a rolling ocean wave, I will stitch in a circular motion corresponding to the movement of the water. Slowly, the beads totally cover the intended parameters of the item.” ~ Lisa Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment