Monday, July 21, 2014

Sculpture by Mayer

Jack Mayer has been with Main Exhibit Gallery at least 15 years. You know him for his giant acorn sculptures, but his talent goes far deeper:
"Over the past several decades I've worked in various media, including woodworking, painting, photography and jewelry. Only in recent years have I found the versatility of concrete to be irresistible; consequently, it has become my medium of choice. My sculptures begin by forming a metal armature, and then they come alive by applying layers of masonry. Although my acorns have become very popular, my passion lies with doing fanciful creatures, which resemble nothing of which we are familiar.
"I wish everyone could experience the excitement I enjoy with the start of each new piece." J.A. Mayer

No comments:

Post a Comment